Ban on Sanatan after studying chargesheeet: Ravi

PTI, PANAJI | 06 August 2010 19:48 IST

Goa government will decide on banning Sanatan Sanstha after examining the charge sheet filed by the National Investigation Agency in Margao bomb blast case against it, state home minister Ravi Naik said today.

"We are thoroughly examining the charge sheet filed by National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Margao bomb blast case.After that we will be able to decide on the ban," Naik told reporters today.

Six disciples affiliated to Sanatan Sanstha have been arrested by NIA for Margao bomb blast triggered on the eve of Diwali, last year.

Four more suspects in the case are still on the run.

Two persons, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, actively involved with the activities of Sanatan Sanstha, operating from Ramnathi village about 30 kms from here, died when a bomb went off in their scooter's dickey.

The last person arrested was Prashanti Juvekar, few days ago.

Naik said that since the ban will have national ramification, the state would examine the issue thoroughly before taking any decision.

The pre-mature blast at Margao had avoided a major plan of serial explosions in the state on October 16, 2009.

Drop a comment

Enter The Code Displayed hereRefresh Image


Latest News

Religion